If you've been following me on Instagram, you've seen some pictures of my book. If you follow me on twitter, you've seen that your friends, neighbors and parents have been ordering. Maybe you're interested in this little book, but not in a rush to get it shipped to you the day it's released (October 29). Let me give you a few reasons to exit this blog and get your pre-order on.
1. The book is listed at $14, but you can get it for like, $10 or $11 online. Have you ever paid that much money for one mojito? How about parking? Exactly.
2. Cool gift giver/early Christmas shopping. You know it. I know it. Plume knows it. You have a short lady in your life who will be delighted to have this on her coffee table come December 25. Give yourself the gift of relaxation by planning early.
3. Bookstores play favorites. The more books ordered before release date, the more bookstores are inclined to increase their order (or even order in the first place). Cool specialty stores that will remain unnamed, are more likely to pick up books after they've seen enthusiasm. They want buzz.
4. Surprises. After you pre-order you are going to forget about it. Then you will be pleasantly surprised when this book baby shows up at your door step.
5. Future books by Becky. The better this does early on, the more likely it is to succeed. The more successful, the more likely it is for me to have more opportunities like this in the future. This has been one of the most rewarding experience I've ever had and I want the chance to spread more happy ideas and drawings of people with mitten hands. I also want the opportunity to encourage others to do the same and follow their dreams. We all need help, and sometimes we just have to ask. That's what I'm doing now.
Pre-order today! Every single book counts. Yes, this is a huge favor, but I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't so stinkin' proud of it. I'm confident that I would love this tiny book of shorty pride even if I randomly stumbled upon it at a bookstore.
Additionally, I'm doing everything I can to get the word out and build the buzz. I have a fantastic publicist, editor and agent, but nothing beats word of mouth. If you know of any bloggers, media, or conferences (for speaking or attending), please let me know! I'm happy to contact anyone and everyone who may be interested. Feel free to share these buy links and pictures of your book when you get it in the mail. Again, nothing beats word of mouth.
For the residents of Austin, Texas: I can't wait for my book signing at BookPeople on October 29 at 7PM! Please please come! It's going to be a lot of fun. The after party will be at the Tiniest Bar In Texas (just down the street). I want to celebrate with you, no matter how tall you are (duh). The signing and after party are open to everyone. Let's become friends that night, if not before.
*BookPeople policy states that books not purchased at their store are not allowed at the signing (understandably).